Sunday, September 29, 2013

Birthday | September Babies | 2013

I know, it's been a long hiatus. Sorry for the long pause as I've been tied down with works & travelling these 2 months  (will update my getaways in another post). 

Hope my dear readers are doing great and here's a short update on September. Why September? Haha... coz it's a meaningful month full of celebrations -- Birthday! Honestly, I don't really celebrate birthday coz I love Christmas more! But still, much much love & thanks to my dearies who celebrated with me & it's a FAT month filled with FOOD! Yes, I've gained weight. Dear Wifey, if you are reading this; *Yes, I know*

Ok, keep short on craps and scroll down:

A tired looking me after a long day work at KLCC. Visiting my dearest bestie sista who is in town and off we go for dinner+drink @ Changkat. 

Just so you know, we are the September babies! And yes, we are celebrating together. It's SEPTEMBER *everyday is our birthday* LOL!

It's Creamy Fettuccini with Smoked Salmon & Spinach @ Twenty.One Kitchen+Bar. Portion was huge and price is very affordable! Decent pasta with generous amount of smoked salmon, except it's too salty for me. Overall, it was delicious & I'll come back for more!

Oh well, food after food; dates after dates. Here's what happened on of of the weekend:

Self pampering weekend at Shangri-La Hotel, had a simple classic afternoon tea @ Lobby lounge. Cozy environment with live band entertaining, and relaxing by a lush water garden. Loves their design of floor-to-ceiling glass walls with a great view at the greens. The beautiful setting simply makes a tête-à-tête session greater. 

There are only 2 options on the menu for afternoon tea: Classic English OR Malaysian Tea. For each set, you get to choose your beverage: coffee/tea. I had the Classic English Afternoon Tea + Rose with French Vanilla.

Those who know me, I'm a big fan of tea especially English tea. Most of the time, it's either Earl Grey or Chamomile. It is hard to find a good cuppa to please the day, especially flower-flavoured tea.

Now, I know where to find the best rose-flavoured tea in KL. Many times, flower flavoured tea we had outside is either mixed with powder/preservative/colouring. But for this, I believe they use rose buds+vanilla french flavouring to enhance the taste. It comes along with honey but I prefer it to be original and plain. 

A 3-tier Classic Afternoon Tea set with sweet savouries. Bottom: Finger Sandwiches, Middle: Scones with Strawberry jam & Mascarpone cream, Top: mini fruit tart, mini cupcake & chocolate cake.

Banana Pecan Cupcake, Fruit Tart & Classic Opera. Kinda disappointed with these, overall below average. Cupcake & classic opera tasted bland & dry.

Plain scones with strawberry jam and mascarpone cream. The scone was abit heavy, I prefer it to be fluffy & light! I still prefer the fresh homdemade scones @ The Smokehouse, Cameron Highland.

Finger Sandwiches: Egg mayo & mustard, smoked salmon & corn fed chicken with celery & peanuts.Nothing much to shout about as it's hard to chew on, bread was too dry & hard as if it has been leave on for some time. 

Malaysian Afternoon Tea set with all local delicacies. Bottom: Lamb rendang pie, net crepes (roti jalar) with chicken curry, keropok lekor. Middle: Coconut Chendol Jelly, red bean roulade cake, kuih lapis. Top: Apam balik, pandan layered cake & banana fritters. 

Shang's coffee with "S" draw art layout. 

Let's start off with the top tier: Pandan Layer Cake, Banana Fritters & Apam Balik

The middle tier comes with: Coconut Chendol Jelly, Red Bean \Roulade Cake & Kuih Lapis.

The bottom tier kicked off with Lamb Rendang Pie, Keropok Lekor & Net Crepe (Roti Jalar) with Chicken Curry. 

It might not be the best afternoon tea in KL but acceptable, I still love the environment though. The afternoon tea was quite filling and we could not finish them all.
The afternoon tea is available from 3-6pm daily. To avoid disappointment, call for booking.

Another of my favorite dining to share is SERAI@PARADIGM MALL. As the name goes, it's Lemongrass (Serai in Malay). A cozy place with good environment serving decent fusion food. Check out their menu HERE.


Beef with Spring Onion & Ginger

Steamed Seabass with Lime Sauce

Deep Fried Squid with Salted Egg *this is the bomb*

Dinner for 3 *burppppp*

With such hot weather, we are craving for shaved ice as dessert. And yes, we hopped over to Tong Pak Fu!

All time favorite Durian Shaved Ice! Ditched away the sides..some pearl ball thingy. Sorry I don't like spongy-like black/white pearl.

Boss punya Ice Kacang with Gula Melaka -- Le shaved ice version. 

Enough of FOOD. Indeed a FAT FAT month! I think I'm obese *facepalm*
Now, eyes roll over to birthday gifts. It might not be any high end branded stuff, it's all about the heart that counts!

Beautifully packed Cath Kidston Hand Cream & Body Lotion

Latest range of Shiseido hair care products. Please save my hair *cries*

Mini gift by Sephora for birthday babies, have you claim yours? 

SK II Facial Treatment Essence. My skin feel smoother and chapped skin improves! No more flaky skin in just 2 weeks! Looking forward to a better result. Of course, results vary on individuals. 

Thank you for all the meal treats & gifts! You know who you are.

It's Sunday, so cheers to welcome non-Monday blue!

Much Love,

 

No comments: