Friday, September 6, 2013

A Little Indulgence for The Soul

Time for an island visit, so let's take-off to a beautiful island for a short escape– Phuket. 



Beware to be poisoned by pictures!




Located in mid-western Phuket by Kamala Bay, the resort is approximately 45minutes drive from the airport. Snaking along the coastline is beautiful scenery of beaches. Cape Sienna is ideally located near Patong (15mins drive), one of the highlights of Phuket’s attraction – Patong beach, Jungceylon Mall, bars & restaurants, etc.

Entrance to Cape Sienna was simply stunning with a large arched wall along the driveway. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff that took down my booking number & informed me not to worry about my luggage; they will send it to my room shortly. Took the lift up to lobby and I was stunned by the great panorama view of endless sea, with hills and beaches on either side. It was indeed a breathtaking view at the lobby, fresh air (ahhh!). Check-in was fast & served with a warm towel and a cup of tea. Meanwhile, the ever friendly attendant also asked me to pick my favorite scent for my bathroom from a selection of Asian herbs/Cape Sienna’s blend. And yes, I picked my all-time favorite Lemongrass (but written Cape Sienna Blend).

Service was prompt and I was led to my room located in Block 3. Showed me around in my room and boy I’m in love with this sea-view room which comes with a balcony overlooking the Kamala Bay.







There are a couple of dining choices at Cape Sienna: Poolside Bar & Restaurant, Plum, Vanilla Sky Bar & Lounge.

Poolside Bar & Restaurant: I believe this attracts the most patrons as it is situated by the pool & sun deck. Basically, it offers a casual daytime dining (Thai & Western cuisine) for all so one can relax & chill in comfort. It is also served as a breakfast lounge in the morning, tables along the pool with comfortable sofas set up for breakkie and the view over the pool and Andaman Sea was simply fantastic.







After breakkie, time for sun-bath? Just right in front of the pool side restaurant, there's a beautiful layout of sun-deck. 





Plum: Located on the top floor which is one of the sophisticated dining restaurants offers authentic Mediterranean Dining experience. Didn’t manage to dine here but it would be a great experience to dine under such cosy atmosphere. Best for couples who are looking for a romantic fine dine. Check out more about PLUM here!

Vanilla Sky Bar & Lounge: One of the best parts I love in this boutique resort. It was a great laid-back weekend on Vanilla Sky which serves distinctive cocktails and breathtaking views of Kamala Bay.

Best time to chill in the evening at Sky Bar with awesome sunset view, it's a beautiful evening.







*Pictures credit: Cape Sienna

With sand, sea & sun in Phuket, Cape Sienna offers a multitude of options for relaxing. Beyond the privacy of your own balcony/Jacuzzi, there is Sienna Rocks – a man-made sand-club just above the sea (opposite the resort).








If you are looking for an island vacation purely for relaxation, try Phuket! Beautiful beaches, blue sea, bright sky, etc. But not the town, too crowded and over-priced items & food! Well, it's just my personal view. If you love to, you can always look for a day-tour island hop! 

Check out more on Cape Sienna’s Monthly Event on their offerings!

Yours Truly,

No comments: