Monday, July 12, 2010

A Weekend's Excursion

Hey people! It's another weekend of the month, watcha doing during yours off day? Bet everyone is having sweet time with their loved ones, could it be the dearest family, friends or partner. Unfortunately, the only accompanied me on this mundane weekend was pile of work loads. Nothing more than assignments and projects. Brain storming ideas till run out of ideas and so, the internet connection in my hostel gave me a bad treat as well. 

Woke up at noon on a Saturday ain't feeling any good, impaired with headache and sore shoulder. Hardly get proper rest these days just to meet up with deadlines. Got steamed up with the slow connection and house-mate's selfishness, hence made up my mind to hit the Starbucks for a cup of my favorite and do my work over there. My son (Nic) is having the same thought too, and off we went to Starbucks, Ipoh. 

Naturally, people tend to travel down South or up to North for food haunt or short trip with the families. Traffic flow eventually be a slow one no matter you are on a highway or trunk road heading down to Ipoh. Anyway, reached Ipoh Parade/Parkson safe and sound. Parked the "darling" on top of the car park since there is no empty slot in the basement. 

Tummy was drooling and we looked for some food which can fill up our tummy. Anyway, never put high hopes on Ipoh Parade when looking for nice food, just had our simple brekky/brunch at Kopitiam Junction before headed over Starbucks. After get our tummy filled, walked over Starbucks but it was so crowded and no empty table or seat for us. Fortunately, we managed to get a nice sofa seat and borrowed an extension from the counter. 

It was already late noon, started my day with a cup of Hot Caramel Macchiato, my all time favorite espresso.A Starbucks original. Foamed milk marked with espresso and vanilla, then topped with a distinctive caramel pattern. Indulgent, buttery and intense.
Cold & Hot Caramel Macchiato
Internet connection is way better than in Kampar, thus enjoy doing my assignments along with love songs. Am feeling the enjoyment of indulging myself once in a blue moon with a cup of classic coffee. A care free and stress free moment, doing research happily with the great connection of Internet. Again, I constantly feel good whenever I popped into this coffee outlet. Even it is a oneself drinking session, am absolutely enjoying it! 
It is already 7pm, had our second cup of beverage. Wish to try on something different than the usual ones, opted for Caffe Mocha, a combination of mocha chocolate, espresso, steamed milk and whipped cream. *As recommended by the Barista* Ordered a slice of Blueberry Cheese Cake as snacks to satisfy my crave over desserts.
Caffe Mocha & Blueberry Cheese Cake

Felt bored and tired, took some shots :
Testing out my iPhone camera *alot of noise*

So hardworking over Flash Game!

No idea why this kid wants to hold the plate instead of putting on the table

A master piece of arts

Another piece of painting

A nice portrait

Spent my Saturday at Starbucks from afternoon till 12am only headed off back to death town. I am against the time, something so-called jet lag. Staying up with a long conversation.....
 
Sunday- continue staying awake and drove to Ipoh for early Dim Sum as promised. Joining in were Emilie, Danny and his cousin. Salute to myself for not sleeping over the passed 16hrs and drove back to Kampar. 
Slept till evening and happened to be in the mode of continue the work loads. To my surprise, not only my house having the internet connection problem, even my friend's house as well. Fed up and called mom, got a feeling wanted to drive back to my sweet home. Still, end up I am at Kampar and fully utilize the connection when everyone is asleep.

No comments: